Dream

February 23, 2015




I am currently a Junior in College. I am in my dream major. I have the coolest friends ever. I have the best job ever. I'm involved in awesome organizations.

I'm loving life. But holy guacamole, my life is packed!

I was on the phone with my mom talking about my schedule. I then told her "Mom, it's crazy to think that I will be a Senior this year..." and she said "Oh my gosh Regan that is so weird for me to even think about!"

Wait... a Senior?! Like I have to get a job and stuff? Move somewhere? Figure out my life? 

I've been catching myself daydreaming all about this kind of stuff. But then that daydream turns into planning. I am always looking up internships and jobs that I would like to pursue (when really I should be studying). I am a media productions major thats specializing in documentary style film. My ultimate dream would be to just travel and film my whole life. For some reason I am just ready for that to happen. I'm tired of being tested every other week in my classes and writing papers etc. I just want to focus on my film classes, become a better film maker and then get on with my life! 

But then I think about the future and I'm like whoa... hold up Regan. I need to enjoy where I am now. I need to slow down and appreciate these moments that I am living in.

I've been realizing- No one set "rules" about what life is supposed to look like after college. No one said I had to get married right away. No one said I had to get a job that pays well. No one said that I must have my life together. We are all so afraid. I think it's silly that we have these pressures to make a lot of money and do well in life. Honestly, I just want to do things I love with the person I love. 

I got coffee with one of my friends a few weeks ago and we were talking about what we wanted our lives to look like after college. She said she wanted to be able to travel and explore, she didn't want to be stuck in one place.

Why graduate college and go straight to a desk job your whole life? Why not go explore, do things you've never done. I don't know, I've just been thinking. Yeah I don't have that much money, so I can't just drop money on traveling expenses. But- I can travel in my reach. I can meet new people and make connections. One thing I've learned is this- spend your money on places and people. I would rather pay for experiences than material things. Collect moments, not things. It's worth it.

I dream a lot. I think about the future, my friends, what I want my life to look like, etc. But The Lord is so faithful and already has my whole life planned out. SO COOL. I don't need to worry. He already knows my future job, future husband, where I am going to live and who I am going to meet. I am so thankful that I have this hope. 

So for all of you who are freaking out about the future or what to do next. Stop planning and start dreaming. It brings so much peace knowing that I am taken care of. Trust in Him. Be thankful for everything He has done in your life, and know that the blessings will continue. 

I'm challenging myself and I would love for you to join- to be present and live in the now. To take each day as it comes and spend less time planning ahead. Life is more enjoyable that way. 

Have a great week!

Regan Stelling






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts