Stop and Listen

March 17, 2014



You know what we all want sometimes? Is just someone to listen. It can be so hard to ask for sometimes. We are all so caught up on our phones, social media, other things, etc... that sometimes we don't take the time to actually listen to what is most important.

Some scenarios:
- We go out to birthday dinners and everyone is on their phone.
At the dinner table, we're on our phones
- Sitting in the living room, on our phones.
- In school (paying for our education)... on twitter.
- About to go out... taking pictures for Instagram.
- Watching a movie... and texting during.

What has our society turned into?! It is so crazy. I just really wish that there was a way to just get rid of it all sometimes. But it has become such a life style, that it is normal for these things to be part of our lives.

Personally, when I am talking to someone- I want their full attention. Not in a snotty way, I just want to feel appreciated and important. It's hard for me to tell you about my day if you're on the phone the whole time. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. Whatever it may be, lets we make a change.Wouldn't it be nice to just give up something for a little bit? Or to make a promise to yourself to not go on your phone in certain scenarios? 

My roommate, Miranda, has "Be Present" on the background of her phone. Whenever she looks down at her phone, it's a constant reminder to always be present. I love that. 

Don't get me wrong, I like my phone and social media, it's a great way to connect and keep up with everyone. But sometimes I feel like I am missing out on more important things.Watch this short film, it helps portray what I am trying to explain!~


Stop and Listen. It's worth it. Relationships are important.

Thanks for reading!

-Regan 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yes!!! This is so true. I'm always working on being more present because the few people I know who are intentional about it are making such a difference. I want the person in front of me to always be the most important. Love this. [:

    ReplyDelete