Happy Thing

January 27, 2014

We are so caught up with life. At least I know I am. I hate the quote "life's too short to be anything but happy". Because it is such a lie. There will be hard times, and it's okay to be upset and mad. But here is a daily tip: Be happy, cause you'll be surprised by how big the impact of happiness can bring. Not saying you always have to be happy, but having a positive outlook can bring happiness to yourself and others! Why fake happiness? That does nothing for you. Be real.

About a year ago, I grabbed an old journal I've never written in, got a scrap piece of paper, wrote "things that make me happy" on it, and taped it on the front cover of the journal. From there on, I decided to write down things that made me happy. This helped me grow and become more appreciative for the life I live. Whenever something happens or pops in my mind, I write it down. It has been the coolest thing to reflect on. It makes me realize, even the tiniest of things make me so joyful. 



So, I decided to list 41 (I like odd numbers) of the things from my list of hundreds of things that make me happy. I'm doing this because maybe it will help you reflect on what you're thankful for or possibly you'll become more appreciative of the things in your life. 


Things that make me happy:

1. Laughing until you cannot breathe.
2. God always loving me, even after mistakes.
3. A good hair day. 
4. Someone who stays with you during your bad times.
5. Being loved back.
6. Having goofy and loving parents.
7. When you fix something that is broken. 
8. The moment when you find something you've been looking for.
9. When you proved your right when everybody thought you were wrong.
10. A warm blanket in the middle of the night.
11. Sale sections.
12. Receiving flowers as a surprise. 
13. Finding money in your purse or pants.
14. Finding an old photo album.
15. Having a day off work.
16. Staying in your room and doing nothing while it's raining outside. 
17. Wrapping a special present.
18. Finished a test and felt confident. 
19. Playing with a cute, little kid.
20. Sleeping in your own bed, after being away from home.
21. The feeling after accomplishing a goal.
22. Reading a new book.
23. Getting a nice tan after a day at the beach.
24. Late night phone calls.
25. Going on vacations with "no plans".
26. When leftovers are yummy.
27. Warm cinnamon rolls. 
28. Midnight thunder storms
29. Unexpected letters.
30. Cold football games.
31. NyQuil and EmergenC.
32. Making your parents proud.
33. Learning guitar.
34. Knowing that tomorrow is the weekend. 
35. New job opportunities. 
36. Refreshing smoothies.
37. Having a nice candid picture.
38. People calling you by your favorite nickname.
39. When your day is completely changed, in a good way. 
40. Finishing your "to-do" list. 
41. Jesus.

All of those things make me happy. What makes you happy? 
Try thinking of one thing everyday that you're thankful for. 
It's amazing what you will be able to think of. 

Have a great week!

Regan 

You Might Also Like

0 comments