Blood Orange Soda

February 26, 2014


For the past couple months I have been trying to change my life style. Not drastically, but just things here and there. I've been running/working out a ton and I've been trying to eat healthier. I surprisingly have been sticking with it. Now believe me, I'm not that person who only limits myself to certain foods with certain calories. How tiring would that be? I'm just cautious! I think you can have a healthy lifestyle, as long as you balance everything out! Recently I have been feeling so refreshed and I can really tell the difference in my body. 

One big step for people who are striving for a healthier lifestyle is giving up soda. I've never been a huge soda drinker, but I do get cravings. So something I've been doing recently is mixing my cranberry juice with sparkling water. It is so so so good. (Not to mention 100% cranberry juice is very good for you!)

I work at Trader Joes- and I love it! We have such a great selection of produce there. One day we got a shipment of blood oranges. Oh. My. Gosh. They are so tart and yum! I was thinking, how yummy would it be to make homemade blood orange soda? So I made it, and it was fantastic. 

~ Oranges are PACKED with Vitamin C! Vitamin C diminishes the appearance of scars, cuts and bruises. It boosts collagen production which is good for your skin; and fuels your immune system. It's also full of antioxidants which also prevents skin damage. Who doesn't want glowing skin?! ~


What you will need:
  • Blood Oranges
  • Sparkling Water 
  • It's naturally sweet! So no sugar needed! 

I really want a juicer, so bad. All I have is a blender. So I hand squeezed each orange. But it was kinda fun.


After I was done squeezing all the oranges, I poured the juice in a glass about 2/3 full. And then topped it off with sparkling water! 


                                            And voilà!






Good Luck! - Regan 



You Might Also Like

0 comments