Date Night

September 15, 2012


Attention all couples and single people. I was having a conversation with my guy friend the other day, talking about how my boyfriend was taking me on a date tonight. He thought it was cute and replied by saying "Not many boyfriends take their girlfriends on dates still". And to be honest, it's kind of true.
No, grabbing some food from chickfila on a random tuesday night doesn't count as a "date night".

Couples: I'm talking about a planned dinner date, when you have the excuse to dress cute and not have to worry about being somewhere afterwards. Just to enjoy eachotheres company. Yes, we're texting and talking to our boyfriend/girlfriend through out the day. But it's more personal when talking over a table of delicous food ;)
Just kidding, but I'm being serious! I still get really excited for dates. This is just a random date him and I are going on, and I can't wait! I've been looking foward to it!

Single people: Now you're probably like... what the heck.. I don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend.. so thanks for making me feel like a loner. WELL HAVE NO FEAR! Because there is something for you too! Guys, every girl want's to be taken out on a date. (yes, bolding and underlining the word "every" was necessary) This doesn't mean you have to be dating her. Just a simple, "hey wanna go get a bite to eat, just me and you?". I am sure she will say yes! (Unless you're some random creep who just likes her posts on facebook and doesn't even talk to her... then yeah don't try this).
I feel like now days, in order to go on a "date", you have to be dating. This is not true!!
Girls, As much as we wish a guy would just show up at our door with flowers ready to pick us up for dinner.... it's not going to happen. We can't blame the guys for not doing cute things for us like they used to do back in the day.... We have to encourage them to do the cute things for us like they used to back in the day ;)
Just give ideas to them. Maybe just throw a few hints, here and there.

So a little recap:
  • Couples: go on a date now. Enjoy eachothers compay, and make eachother smile.
  • Single guys: go ask a girl out for some icecream or something.
(girls like icecream)

I'm no matchmaker, or love enthusiast. I just like to talk. And throw random thoughts around.

Thanks for reading!
-Regan

You Might Also Like

0 comments