Thrift Stores

September 13, 2012

Designing clothes

I wish I could sew my own clothes. I can sew, but not like a full out dress or anything. (well I've never actually tried). Wouldn't that be fun though? Instead of looking for that perfect pair of shorts or jeans, you could just make it yourself? Ah life would be so much more simple.

BUT the best I can do is sew things here and there. I can make accessories, fabric flowers, sew something together or transform a piece of clothing. I LOVE goodwill. I just love it. Many people think its gross because it consists of clothes that have been already worn. But in all honesty, it doesn't even cross my mind.
~ People don't realize that goodwill has a lot of fashionable stuff! Okay yes... there are tons of Grandma sweaters and 80's workout suits. But when I go there and take the time to look for things. I find some pretty good finds! I always find things from gap, I don't know why I just do, and they're SUPER cute!! But today- I decided to transform a hideous pair of maroon pants and turn them into high waisted shorts. They were probably like $2? And now I have cute fashionable shorts! I bet you Urban Outfitters is selling a pair exactly the same for like $40. SO CHA- CHING.

So next time you go to goodwill for lets say, homecoming week, or a funny outfit or anytime!! Actually look for cute button downs, or shirts, or even pants. Its fun!!! and cheap ;) 
My transformed shorts!


You Might Also Like

0 comments