My Parents

November 10, 2014



Who inspires you? Who always "shows up" in your life? Who loves on you well?

In the picture above are two of my favorite people ever. They love on me so well. 

Not only do they love me so well- but they love my siblings, my friends, their friends, their family members, their coworkers, their neighbors, and basically everyone they come in contact with. They truly inspire me. And their love for each other is so apparent it just radiates through. Sometimes I wonder "How can two people be so in love?" 

My parents are such hard workers. They are both associate staff with a ministry called Cru. My dad is also a counselor. So even after a full day of hearing about peoples lives, he still sets time aside to listen to my life. My mom is a teacher for kids with learning disabilities. She works long days but always makes sure she can take care of my family, my little brother, and she always either calls or texts me asking how my day was. 

The way they treat my friends is the biggest blessing to me. They want to know about their lives. They want to be involved and hear whats going on. My dad loves when I have my friends over, he always has such a great time. My mom, will hug you every time you enter our house. As if you are one of her kids. One of my friends that goes to UCF told me the other day "I love living so close to your parents because they invite me over for dinner and they invest into my life." And the thing is, I didn't even know my parents did that. How cool. 

Mom and Dad, you're probably reading this thinking- why is Regan writing a blog post about us? Well, it's because I have been reflecting on how thankful I am for you two and how much you mean to me. Y'all are my best friends. Dad, you seriously make me laugh till I'm in tears. You are easily one of the funniest people I know. I love how you are up for any kind of spontaneous adventure. Mom, you're the cutest thing ever. I love hearing your stories about work and how your students love having you as a teacher (I don't doubt them). You're so quirky and so creative. You both live life to the full.

Dad, the way you look at mom is so adorable. Especially when you make a stupid joke and you're waiting for her reaction. Mom, I will never get tired of your Zumba dance moves. Lastly, the way you both pursue me and pour into my life is indescribable. I hope I can do the same for my kids.

You both inspire me. Make me feel so loved. Support me. Make me laugh till I can breathe no more.

You have taught me how to have a thankful heart. You have taught me how to give. You have taught me that time isn't money. You have taught me how to love others well. You have showed me what a genuine relationship looks like. 

You have taught me what life is truly all about. 

And for that, I will be forever thankful. 

Thank you. 

Your daughter,

Regan 


You Might Also Like

0 comments