Happy Saturday

July 19, 2014





I love spending time with people and doing spontaneous things together. Today was one of those days. My sweet friend Julie asked me Friday night if I wanted to do something "fun" on Saturday, of course I said yes. So without any "set" plans and the only restraint was me being back in time for work, this is what we came up with.

Farmers market + Picnic in the park.

We started off our day with a car ride full of laughter and new music. Then we arrived at the farmers market and of course we tried all the free samples. I love talking and learning from all the locals that sell their products. It's neat to hear what they are passionate about. We brought our own sandwiches for the picnic and then bought a few things from the market. 




We made our way to a very shaded area under a tree (it felt like it was 120 degrees out). And as we were unpacking our stuff, we looked over and a group of people were playing the ukuleles. It was as if God dropped them there just for us. She and I sat there for a good two hours just enjoying each others company.




We bought freshly pressed mango and pineapple juice. Oh my gosh… words can't even describe how refreshing it was. They gave us the pineapple from the middle to eat (which was heavenly). We also bought garlic, parmesan and rosemary french fries. That had a roasted pepper ketchup and a garlic mayonnaise dipping sauce on the side. So yummy. 




After we were done indulging, I asked Julie what she was thankful for. This is what she said- "I am thankful for my friends and family for loving me so well, especially in this time in my life." I love that. Loving others is so important. 



Julie and I love going on adventures together. Our last adventure we went on, was to the beach and we explored the beach town. Then we ended up going up to a light house in the boonies. It was so great. She and I have decided to make a list of spontaneous things we want to do together. With not many plans or much money, just go and see what happens. I think thats how we should live our life. Being young should be fun. Like go on adventures, discover yourself, try new things, meet new people and love on them well. Let's stop being "too busy" and really make time for others and ourselves. It's silly how pressured we are to figure out our whole future already. Live in the moment and be present

So go do something. It doesn't have to be extravagant. It can be as simple as a picnic with a friend. (hey if you need a friend, I'll come!)


Happy Saturday!

Regan 




You Might Also Like

0 comments