Being Thankful

November 21, 2012

http://silverlipsbeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/thankful.jpg



So, We have two holidays in a row.
1. Thanksgiving
2. Black Friday  

So how do we live a 'Thanksgiving' kind of life? 
We live in a society that always "wants this" and "needs that". But you know what's the best part of life? In every point in time God gives us something to be thankful for, even if we don't see it.

~ Thanksgiving is a time to enjoy family and fellowship. (As well as eat food and watch football). Every year we go around the table and say a few things we are thankful for. I love it. But, this past couple weeks have been really hard on me. I've had a lot of things break, like my computer and car. BUT things could be worse and I am just so thankful to be alive and well.

 Being grateful for what God has blessed me with

I am aware of how blessed I am, and that I am alive. I have my needs, and I have my wants. And sometimes a thankful heart begins with just letting go of our wants, and thanking God for what he has done and given to us, which will satisfy our needs. "Thank God! He deserves your thanks. His love never quits." (Psalm 136:1)


BLACK FRIDAY:
Black Friday annoys me. Because only in America would people trample over each other for cheap goods, hours after being thankful for what they already have. It honestly continues to prove that the things people celebrate being thankful for the day before... aren't enough for them. That's irony. Yes, I understand the point of it. I have gone out the past years getting gifts for myself and family. And I have tons of fun doing it. But I really really really  wish it wasn't RIGHT after Thanksgiving. It takes away from the holiday. It should be at least a week later. 

So this Thanksgiving, try not to think so much about material things. And think about what God has done in your life. Thank Him and your loved ones.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

-Regan  

You Might Also Like

0 comments